Sunday, January 9, 2011

Cookies and Oatmeal

B.D. made pancakes for breakfast again!  This time I ate them with bananas and peanut butter.  I have got to teach him to make something else or beat him to it.

We ran off to church and had a lovely time.  Our building has recently been renovated so we are really enjoying all its newness.  I passed out the bags I made.  I taught the kids a new song which they loved and asked to sing it seven times.  At the end of Primary each of my children were given a cookie by their teacher.  I explained that they weren't eating sugar.  Surprisingly the teacher accepted this.  I did let the kids take the cookies as long as they promised to save them until tomorrow.

I went on to explain to both the teachers that I was not eating sugar for a year.  I explained that part of my reason was to see how it feels to be a new member of the LDS church and give up something that I love.   They are both very new members (both baptized in 2010).  I could tell they appreciated this.  They went on to tell me how hard it was to give up coffee.

As soon as primary was over we went to Gjyshja's (grandma's) as we do every Sunday after church.  She had made us a nice lunch.  We talked about nutrition some more.  I can see that my in-laws are enjoying all this new information and are really trying hard to meet my standard. 

When we got home I really wanted something sweet!  I drank some milk (to wash down my advil) and ate some walnuts.  I have been wanting to eat oatmeal with applesauce for days.  Of course, I have to make my own applesauce and I hadn't had a chance to do that yet.  Once Bumbles was asleep I started cutting apples.  See how pretty?
Please note the wonderful pan my sister gave me.
It actually didn't turn out very tasty.  I think some of the apples I used were a little too old. But when mixed with cinnamon, oatmeal and walnuts it was quite yummy and satisfied my sweet tooth.  Super Jack and B.D. tried some oatmeal with applesauce, but they weren't fans.  I saved theirs for breakfast tomorrow.  No pancakes for me.

Breakfast should be interesting tomorrow.  Super Jack has been carrying his cookie around all afternoon.  I kept telling him it would be better if he put it somewhere he couldn't see it.  He insisted that he wanted to carry it.  I also explained that he was crushing his cookie and it would be nothing but crumbs in the morning.   He just couldn't put it down.  I told him he could eat it for breakfast.  It is sitting in his bedside table as he sleeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment