Sunday, January 16, 2011

Understanding

We had the yummiest "dreke" today.  Apparently, my mother-in-law learned a few things about nutrition while Andi was gone.  I think it really helped that she spent a lot of time with us. She learned that we LOVE strawberries.


She even made "Speca te Mbushur" (my favorite) with BROWN RICE!


Albanian Stuffed Peppers
She also made dessert.

He didn't like it - whatever
I resisted.  I ate strawberries and mandarins - yum. 

When we got home Bumbles took a good long nap.  He is getting a tooth on top and I don't think he is having a fun time.   Maddie read a million books to the kids and I baked some bread.

Whole Wheat Flaxseed Bread
It is so hard not to eat bread that is fresh out of the oven.  Don't worry, I had some help.

Funny Story:  Today I had a revelation.  (I get these some times).  While Maddie was looking at all the food on the table she asked me what the creamy white stuff was.  I told her it was Salce Kosi.  She tasted it and said it tasted kind of like sour cream.  A few minutes later I had my revelation - Salce Kosi is Yogurt Sauce.  Salce = Sauce and Kosi = Yogurt.  Why did that take me so long?  Let me tell you it is much yummier than just plain yogurt.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful soup tureen that is! (If that's what it is.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kim. It actually needs improvement, but I plan to try again.

    Yes, it is a soup tureen.

    ReplyDelete