Friday, January 21, 2011

A Great and Terrible Day

Sorry, but I'm not going to tell you about my dinner today because it just doesn't seem that important anymore.  I do want to show you me cute panacake (that's what Super Jack calls them) maker.

Oh, B.D. so handsome
I also wanted to tell you that I squeezed myself into my size 8 jeans this morning.  It was great.  I'll show you a picture if you promise not to judge me.  I wore them all day and it was only a little uncomfortable.  I know they are tight, but when I'm trying to lose weight it helps me to wear tight clothes.

This was taken at 10:00 am and my
shirt was already dirty.
That was the great part of the day.  The rest of the day we watched the protest on TV.  This is not a political blog.  I leave politics to my husband.  However, not to mention what happened today would seem ridiculous.  There was a big protest against our corrupt government and 3 people (so far) were killed.  There is still at least one that is fighting for his life.  I won't go into it all, but I feel so sorry for those families and I'm very worried about what will happen next.   Poor Maddie, this is not a fun time to be in Albania.

5 comments:

  1. Although this is not a political blog, I would have to say that it is totally appropriate to mention any stress-ers in your life... they do, after all, effect eating. Thinking of you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just caught up on your blog. I am admiring your fortitude ! What an amazing healthy change for you and your family ! Reading this is making me miss you so much ! Our family New Years resolution was to eliminate fast food. It has been much easier than I anticipated so we might up the ante next month with eliminating some other things that we can do with out. Glad that yall are doing well. Im glad Andi is home with you. Being a single parent is so exhausting even if it is for a short time. Well I love you and you are amazing keep up the good work !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering if you know of any way that I can read more about the protest. My Albanian is not so great anymore that I can understand. I really want to see what is going on. I read the article you posted but the translation was sorta poor. Let me know if there is another place that I can view information. Thanks and good luck to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Krysta, my sister posted something from MSNBC. I think it is all over the news. Just google Albanian protest. Also, please understand that you cannot really understand what is going on by reading the news. They are not telling the truth. Andi is going to try to get the truth out, but it is difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the jeans. Size 8 is GREAT! Keep a going girl. I'm so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete