Friday, January 14, 2011

Sweet Exhaustion!

This day was filled with way too many good things.  We knew it would be good before it even started because my sister was due to arrive and we had gotten notices that we had two packages waiting for us at the post office.

We got up and hurried to finish showering, dressing and eating, but it seemed to take forever.  First we went to the post office.  (doesn't that sound so easy?)  Going to the post office entails going to the center of the city where there is lots of traffic and lots of people and NO PLACE to park.  We had to drop my husband off to fetch the packages while we drove around in a big loop.  It kind of felt like circling at an airport.

We only had to drive around twice when we saw Andi standing there with our two LONG AWAITED packages.  My parents had sent them on the 7th of December.  We had brought a butter knife with us so we could open them in the car.  My mother had warned me that they did contain sugaric food.  She told me they were intended for gingerbread houses so I should just think of them as building blocks like legos.

She sent "Flips".  Those made my mouth water, but I passed them to the kids and kept looking through the box.  I was super excited about my e-reader cover and the weather book.  Sweets LOVED her clothes as did Super Jack.  B.D. looked at the shark book all the way to the airport and back and even asked to bring it into the airport.

We got to the airport 20 minutes before my sister's flight was to land only to find out that it was delayed an hour.  I was dying for some food!  I was having a really hard time resisting the chocolate.  We had to go a little way to get to food.  We ended up going to a yummy chicken place in a mall.  I got this.
Usually I let the kids get happy meals, but this time I only got them a sandwich and water.  They seemed to be okay with that.

We had to rush back to the airport and we got there only 5 minutes before Maddie arrived.  She was exhausted, of course.  We headed straight home and unloaded all the luggage and packages.  We are swimming in new clothes and super cute fabric.  We also made a big mess with the moon sand, but it was lots of fun.  I felt a sense of relief when Maddie pulled out the BIG box of goldfish crackers.  They have helped me to stay strong while my kids and the neighbor kids finished off the chocolate.

B.D. has already made two pot holders and Sweets and Super Jack wore their new jammies to bed.

Lessons learned today: 1. You can't just eat as many nuts as you want and still lose weight (I was up to 157.6 lbs today and back to 36 1/2" waist).  2. Chocolate is VERY hard to resist!

No comments:

Post a Comment