Sunday, January 30, 2011

Understanding

I had the hardest time getting out of bed this morning.  Bumbles didn't sleep very well and I had stayed up too late.  I am super grumpy when I'm tired.  Andi got up to take care of Bumbles.  He said I should get in the shower so we could get to church.  I grumped that I wasn't going.  I was so mad!  I know most people don't get mad when they're tired, but I do. 

I laid in bed for 30 minutes trying to fight the devil on my shoulder that was telling me to stay in bed and be mad at my husband.  Fortunately the angel on my other shoulder won.

I'm so glad I went.  I have been going to church here in Albania for a year and a half.  (I go to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.) Usually I just sit through our first meeting (Sacrament Meeting) trying to keep my kids quiet.  Then we go to Primary for almost two hours.  (Primary is the children's organization of which I'm the President in my branch). During Primary I sing songs in Albanian and try to help keep B.D. in his chair, Sweets from doing everything BUT listening, Super Jack from begging everyone for candy and gum and Bumbles from being fussy.   Now that I have two AWESOME helpers it is much easier, but I still feel so relieved when it is time to go home.

What made today so wonderful is that I UNDERSTOOD ALMOST EVERY WORD!  I was actually spiritually fed at church.  I was practically bawling in my chair.  Andi looked at me with concern and asked if I was okay.  I sent him a note telling him I finally got something from church.  I also pointed out that our kids really need Albanian lessons because they are not picking it up fast enough (not enough exposure).

Once we got in the car I gave B.D. the usual lecture about how he needs to behave in Primary.  He listed all the things he had done that he wasn't supposed to do without any prompting from me.  I asked why he did those things if he knew he wasn't supposed to.  He just said, "That is the question."  Indeed. 

B.D. made breakfast while I took care of Bumbles.  He is such a hard worker.  I put my arm around him and said, "You may not be good at sitting still, but you are a hard working boy."  (I love those moments when I remember to love my big boy).

After lunch Bumbles and I had a wonderful 2 hour nap!  What a great Sunday!

P.S.  B.D. was cutting tomatoes for our dinner salad and found this.

It reminded him of the double headed eagle on the
Albanian flag.
I have to agree
P.P.S. Someone at church told me I looked really skinny. =D                             

1 comment:

  1. Angela, I'm so glad that you ended up having a good day and that you understood almost every word. I understand about being mad when you are tired. That happens to me sometimes, but I've also been blessed when I do what I need to do even when I'm so tired. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete