Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Cinnamon and Peppermint

Super Jack's favorite breakfast is bulgar.  The only trouble is we usually flavor it with brown sugar.  I made a big pot and put sugar and cinnamon in every one's, but mine.  I only had cinnamon and it tasted super sweet.  I was so amazed.  I think sometimes we put sugar on everything for fear it won't taste good without it.

Can you tell which one doesn't have sugar?
We had a busy day of homeschooling and "Scub Scouts" (that's what Super Jack calls Cub Scouts), but it was sooo much easier with Maddie's help.  I was exhausted and we got pizza for dinner (too much cheese!).  I even suggested that Maddie try a Zuppa.  It was difficult to watch her eat it, but I made it through. 

We headed home and put the kids to sleep.  I was dying for some sugar or something sweet to drink.  I decided to get out the peppermint tea that has been in my drawer for months.   Just smelling the peppermint was a pleasure. 

The tea didn't do much for me, but I did sit there holding the warm mug.  I even put it against my cheeks and it felt really nice.  So maybe what I need is just some comfort or warmth instead of sugar. 

I do feel so much healthier and stronger.  I don't seem to be loosing any weight.  I've been having a hard time measuring my waist.  It can be anywhere between 35" and 37 1/2".  If anyone has any tips for getting an accurate waist measurement I would appreciate it.

1 comment:

  1. I don't care much for tea but I like holding warm cups too.

    ReplyDelete