Sunday, January 23, 2011

Candy Cans

We didn't go to church today because we were afraid that something might happen.  Plus, the US Embassy sent out an email for us to stay indoors.  Andi went, but Maddie and I stayed home with the kids.  We held primary at home.  I had fun, I don't know if the kids did.

We had lunch and waited for Daddy to come home.  When Andi got home he explained that no protests would happen today because they were burying the 3 men who died.  Just so you know, I'm learning that these men had children and were very poor.  There have been two more protests planned.  One on Wednesday by the government and one on Friday by the opposition.  Knowing this I feel a little calmer and I'm glad Maddie will be gone if something else happens.

Andi and Bumbles took a nap so I got to read some of my book.

Sarah's Key

I'm really enjoying it.  It was a gift from my parents for Christmas.  It was so relaxing to be able to read!!!

Andi had a meeting so we watched this fun movie.


Nanny McPhee (Widescreen Edition)

Since Daddy wasn't home we had one of our "Daddy isn't home dinners" - Chips and Salsa with refried beans.


Then everyone had a "candy can" (yes, another Super Jack-ism), took a bath and went to bed.  Ahhh peace!

4 comments:

  1. This is now my THIRD attempt to post - hopefully third time is a charm =D

    Did YOU eat a "candy can?"

    How is the book? I just finished a book about an old Chinese-American man looking back on his life as a twelve-year-old boy who fell in love with a Japanese girl... during a time when the Japanese were being rounded up for Internment Camps. It was a new and interesting perspective... and close to home... took place in Seattle. I don't think I will ever be able to enter the Puyallup Fair Grounds w/o thinking of those Japanese families living in a stall as their home. THE HOTEL ON THE CORNER OF BITTER AND SWEET - Jamie Ford (he IS Chinese - his g.grandfather changed their name).

    ReplyDelete
  2. so excited I found your blog. I have gone off sugar during the week but let myself have a little nutella treat on the weekends. It holds me over for the rest of the week.

    So fascinating what is going on in Albania. I wish your family safety.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is too hard to explain what is going on here. It would take forever. Maybe I can give a little info each day. I'll try. However, I might get some things wrong. It really should be my husband who explains it, but . . . . He's busy.

    KA, Of course I didn't eat a candy can!!! How could you suggest such a thing???? ;-) I'm loving the book (sort of - some swear words and talk of abortion) but it is fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry you are bored, but glad you are all safe! That is cool about size 8 pants, I haven't been in that size since high school! yay for you!!!

    ReplyDelete