Monday, January 10, 2011

Strawberry Banana Jam?

Before I even woke up the kids had eaten their cookies and scouted out the little chocolates that our neighbor had given them.  I had to remind them about the candy the old man on the street had given them.  Just the thought of lemony candy was difficult for me.  I had to make sure all the wrappers made it to the trash quickly. 

We've decided that after our dad comes home with root beer and Reese's Peanut Butter cups we will restrict our sugar intake to some on Sunday and Thursday.  That excludes me of course. 

We had to go on an adventure today because it is our last day before school starts.  We decided we'd go to one of our favorite speciality stores IF we could find parking.  We did find a spot very close to "Neranxi".  This is a Greek store that sells lots of food that you can't find anywhere else.

This is the nice sales lady that is always so happy to see us.
This is what we usually come for tortilla chips, salsa, chili and peanut butter.  Can you find all those things?
Today we also got this.  It said "no added sugar".  The flavor is strawberry and banana.  Have you ever had strawberry-banana jam?  I had some today.
I just wanted you to see how tiny the stores can be here.  Can you believe how much stuff they crammed in here?  It makes it really fun when you bring 4 children with you.  Albanians are really nice about it though.  They always say, "They are just children."  So True.
Today I should report that my weight is down to 156.4 lbs.  My waist is still 36 1/2".  I have complete faith that it will begin to diminish soon.  Today I really wanted some sugar, but I held strong.  It helped to know that I would have to confess to all of you that I ate sugar. 

3 comments:

  1. YOu are my hero! Way to go with sticking strong. I got teary eyed when I saw the Greek Store. It has been so long. I still miss Albania everyday. I love reading this blog and seeing your wonderful family in the most wonderful place. Love you guys and thanks for being such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So... I keep meaning to ask... how was the strawberry jam?

    ReplyDelete