Saturday, January 22, 2011

Mouth Watering

I was finally able to download this book.
Flat Belly Diet!


I've read a few chapters.  It seems like it will not be very easy to do here in Albania.  It requires a smoothy a day.  I have yet to find a good source of frozen fruits in Albania.  Maybe when/if things calm down I will go exploring.  My other problem is that I don't have a blender and I haven't been able to find a reasonably priced one.   The diet also includes unsalted sunflower seeds and skim milk.  I guess I could drink boxed milk, but . . . . it's so gross.  I don't think they have any unsalted nuts other than almonds.

I'll keep reading, but I will definitely not be able to start anything until there is peace in the country again.  I did learn that your waist/hip ration is the best predicter of whether or not you are at risk for a heart attack.  It is supposed to be 0.8% or less.  Mine was 0.88% . . . . . I need to do some work.  I am doing really well at avoiding sugar, but I still need to get my overeating under control. 

We had a peaceful day because everyone is mourning the 3 men who died.  However, tomorrow they plan to continue their protests.  They say that they will be nonviolent, but everyone is really mad and no one is making any compromises.  It isn't looking good.  We are monitoring our US Embassy emails to see what they are recommending.   They keep saying we should stay away from the protests and stay indoors. 

Andi and I went with Bumbles this morning and filled up our gas tank and got lots of nuts, fruits, veggies, milk, bread, butter, water, laundry detergent and movies.  I feel like we are getting ready for a snow storm, but it might be a lot worse than that.

I let the kids watch 4 movies today and I let Maddie make these.


My mouth was watering like crazy, but I held strong and ate a mandarin instead.  In fact, while I've been reading Flat Belly Diet my mouth waters like crazy everytime I read Chocolate.  However, after loading these pictures I decide that the following picture looks more delicious than the above picture.


3 comments:

  1. The EuroMax at QTU used to have good frozen berries, blueberries, and tropical fruits that we made smoothies with. Then it changed owners, and all the products changed. They still have some frozen fruits, but the quality has been bad. They let the frozen foods sit and thaw, and then when they're re-frozen the fruit forms crystals and clump. Check it out sometime, though. Maybe their quality control will improve.

    I've purchased unsalted sunflower seeds at the Conad--in those plastic containers.

    The best "boxed" non-fat milk we've found is Parmalat Magro con Gusto. Turquoise lid. It's cheapest at Mercator stores.

    Best wishes with your healthy eating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like someone will be doing some fruit freezing this summer =D

    Are bananas not an option for smoothies... too starchy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all the tips Sister Neil!

    KA, it is also hard to find fresh berries (that are affordable) in this country. :-(

    ReplyDelete